Wednesday, April 3, 2013

IT'S TACO TIME!


  

Hey, party people!

(Quick side bar: I'm typing on a little tiny laptop, and the shift key is, like, really close to the home key. Consequently, almost every time I try to capitalize a word by shifting with my right hand I end up with a cursor at the beginning of the line. Ugh. #firstworldproblems)

So I was thinking that this year I'd do something a little different (read easier) and use recipes from the fabulous taco books we've received over the last couple of years. Since I don't really know the rules about the internet and posting content from someone else's work (I know I wouldn't like it), I'm not going to write out the recipes for most of these. Sorry. In some cases I'll be really sorry because we're only on day 3 and already we've had some pretty great tacos.

Day 1:
LittleTijauana's



Go here. Get a Paloma to drink. My favorite thing to order is the fajita salad (although the tacos are all pretty rad) but I'm sure whatever you get will be fine, too. While you're there, take a moment to feel like the Hip Hipster from Hipsville that you are.

Day 2:
Thai Chicken Tacos



This recipe is actually from Pinterest. Find it here. Make it. Use store-bought Thai peanut sauce. It'll take MINUTES for you to make dinner, which is always sweet. Take the leftovers as a salad to work tomorrow. Use the store-bought Thai peanut sauce as salad dressing.

You're welcome.

I feel like this might be a good time to point out that I do realize that I'm posting Instagram pictures. It's just that my cell phone pictures look better with Instagram filters. Which reminds me, my Instagram handles are becky_lyle and nerdpoetry. Go like some pictures if you want me to feel good about myself in an internety kind of a way.

Day 3:
Sirloin Carnitas



There was a little confusion at our house, since one or more of us thought that "carnitas" meant "pork." Turns out it may or may not. I think we got bored before we got to the bottom of that one. Anyways, that's what it was called in the cookbook. It was awesome. Well seasoned steak cooked and tossed into a shell with pico de gallo, cheese, and cilantro. SO GOOD. Also good was the carrot fries that went with our tacos this evening. Carrots + cumin + salt + pepper + olive oil, 425 degrees, 30 minutes. Go make some.


Also, please be aware that I'm going to be even worse than years past at blogging in a timely fashion. In January, this (most) beautiful (ever) doggy came into our lives from Indiana.



 Her name is Ripley. She's the sweetest, and I spend as much time as I can snuggling with her. At the moment, she's crashed out in her chair (she called dibs) because she had a big day at daycare today. Playing with all the other pups is hard work!

Also please be aware that this is probably not the last time you'll see that face on this blog. You probably love that since it's such a cute face.

Again, you're welcome.




1 comment:

  1. Good food tips and the cutest little doggie in the country-o. Win-win!

    ReplyDelete